This is a clip of Mckenna when we were changing her one night, right before bedtime. She is really chatty right now - squealing, gurgling, cooing, and laughing. She was tired when we took this, and she is usually a bit more vocal than this. But it gives you an idea of her noises.
Mckenna likes this little green bouncy chair. She sits in it and plays with toys she can hold, watches Nemo and her antics, plays with us, etc.
These next several pictures were taken last Wednesday, which was JJ, Kelly, and Caleb's last night at BCC. These pictures were taken during youth group time. We had cake, sang songs, and shared memories from the past 5 years that they've been at BCC. After many years volunteering with the youth group, Matt and I have taken a break this year to focus on Mckenna. But we came back for this special night of goodbyes. As you'll see below, Mckenna even got a goodbye hug from JJ and Kelly's son, Caleb - so cute. Thanks for everything - we'll miss you guys!
One of my students in business class at MA won an award for an essay he wrote for class on investing. Here is a picture of us at an awards luncheon last week at the Carlson School of Management, on the Minneapolis campus of the University of Minnesota.
We've tried out a few new toys with Mckenna in the past week. First, we tried the Johnny Jump Up. I'm not sure if she's quite ready for this yet, but it was fun to see her in it anyway. I don't think she really knew what to make of it! I'm sure this is something she will enjoy over the next few months.
Super Bowl Sunday - we didn't do anything too exciting. Matt went ice fishing over the weekend, so he had just gotten home and was tired from the trip. So my parents and sister were over for the big game. This bouncy activity jumper toy (not sure what exactly to call it) has been in the box since we got it for a shower before Mckenna was born, but we decided to get it out and put it together. It says 4+ months on the box - I never could picture little her playing in it, but now she's old enough! Kristi set it up for us (thanks, Kris!) and Mckenna loves it. There are quite a few pictures of her playing in it below, but I can't help it - it has been the new excitement for the week! :)
We had some of the always healthy Super Bowl food favorites - spinach and artichoke dip, mozzarella sticks, celery sticks, and BBQ meatballs - yum! Nemo of course was trying to get some of the good stuff... I don't think so Nemo.
Aren't those cheeks just the cutest?
Mckenna is always keeping an eye on Nemo, even if Nemo isn't doing anything! I guess Mckenna just wants to make sure she is still there, ready to hang out at a moments notice. I think it's cute how Mckenna is looking at Nemo... forever friends! :)
1 comment:
That bouncy activity jumper toy looks intense. Great to see how happy she is in it.
Post a Comment