Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Memories of Japan...



It's hard to believe that it's already been almost a year since Matt and I took a group of students to Japan for MA's June Term experience. This week again is June Term at MA, and I can't help but think back to a year ago... I was six months pregnant and hoping all would go smoothly in Japan, including feeling well, being able to handle our busy schedule while there, making sure the group stayed together and enjoyed the trip, etc. We had a fantastic trip, one that Matt and I will never forget. When we went, it still seemed crazy to us that we were actually going to have a baby in a few short months! While in Japan we wanted to pick out a small souvenir for the baby, but all the while it felt to me like we were picking something out for another baby - maybe for friends of ours, but not our own. We didn't have a lot of time to shop, and we ended up settling on this little onesie with a Japanese character on the front (not sure what it says!) and a heart on the butt. I distinctly remember picking it up, choosing the largest size they had in the store, and wondering why I was buying something for someone that I hardly even could wrap my mind around actually being real. I don't know if that makes much sense to you, but I remember it being a very real, and almost confusing feeling... was I really going to have a baby, and would she really wear cute little outfits like this?

So, a long story to say, Mckenna just starting wearing the outfit we bought for her in Tokyo. Now looking at her in this, it's hard to believe that there was ever a time when she wasn't with us... we love her so much!





No comments: