Here is a picture of me at 19 weeks pregnant with Baby Girl #2. I feel like my tummy is growing faster than when I was pregnant with Mckenna, but I've heard that typically women start to show a bit sooner after they've already been pregnant before, and I guess I am almost halfway through too. But ironically, as of an OB appointment a few days ago, the few pounds I've gained so far have been several less than what I remember gaining at this same time with Mckenna. Maybe because I was pretty sick during the first trimester with this baby, and I wasn't sick at all with Mckenna. Who knows!
We had a level 2 ultrasound at 18 weeks, less than one week ago, and it was so cool to see an actual baby moving around in there! She was kicking, wiggling around, waving her arms and hands, and opening and closing her little mouth. All is well with the baby, and the doctor said that she looks "perfect" - so reassuring to hear. Here are a few ultrasound pictures from our visit.
It's hard to see in this small picture, but you can see her eyes, nose, and mouth - very cute!



Hi, everybody! :)

Moving on from our 19-week sweetie to our 19-month sweetie! The following stats are from the end of April and are a few weeks old now, but here are the numbers from Mckenna's 18-month pediatrician wellness check-up. Weight: 24 lbs, 15 oz. (58th percentile), height: 33.8 inches (94%), head circumference: 19 inches (89%). It is interesting to note that Mckenna's weight didn't change at all from her last appointment in early February (76% in weight in Feb.), but her height did change by over 2 inches, so her weight percentile for 18-months went down to 58% because of her growing height. (Can you imagine if we all grew an inch taller every month - wow!) I asked the doctor about this, and he said that it was perfectly fine. He asked if she had been more active lately, which indeed she has. Just in the past few months as the weather has gotten warmer here, the daycare crew goes outside sometimes twice a day - before lunch, and after their afternoon naps. So she is burning off more calories running around outside! (And really, doesn't that happen to most Minnesotans when the cold winter turns into the nicer, warmer spring?) :) Here are some pictures taken at her 18-month appointment.
She doesn't sit still anymore like she used to in this scale... hmmm, I wonder why? :) It's more fun to wiggle around and push buttons anyway, right?
Check out that belly - LOVE it!
Mckenna got a few updated shots, and as always, she was a trooper. Whenever I get a shot, I always look away - I don't like to see the needle. But she was looking the whole time (even though you notice that I'm trying to turn her head away because needles somewhat freak me out, and that's my natural reaction) and she didn't even flinch - good girl!
This is what she did when I asked her where her bandaid was...
"Hey, look at this - I'm so cool!" :)
Here are a few cute pictures taken just today, 5/19/10, in our backyard. This week the weather has been awesome, and today was no exception. Mckenna was enjoying a dip in her little wading pool on this sunny 80 degree day! It was funny, the water was pretty cold just coming from the hose, and for what seemed like a few minutes she just stood and bent down like she was going to sit. But every time her legs and bottom touched the cold water, she would shiver and say, "Oh!" and look at us like, "now what do I do?" This happened several times over before we helped her to sit - we got a chuckle from her very real reactions. After she sat down, she got used to the cool water temp quickly in the warm weather. She seemed to really like playing and splashing around.
Love those cheeks and that big, toothy smile! :)
Pretty blue eyes - she gets those baby blues from her daddy.
More recent pictures to come over the next few weeks - stay tuned!
No comments:
Post a Comment