Thursday, October 7, 2010

39 weeks and counting!



I can't believe that my due date (Oct. 13) is now less than a week away! We are so excited, we can't wait to finally meet this little girl face to face. There are so many questions floating around in my mind... when will she come? How will my labor be? What will it be like to have another child in the house? How will Mckenna react to the new baby? I'm trying to take a deep breath and relax as much as I can in these last few days, but I can't help that my mind keeps coming back to these questions and more.

On Wednesday (my 39 week mark) I got a prenatal massage, which was absolutely fantastic! (For those reading this that have never done that, it is so fabulous - I highly recommend it!) Matt took this picture of me on our deck after I got home, so I was majorly relaxed and probably look like it (or just tired, which I am too), and my head had been massaged by oiled hands, so my hair was in fine form. Oh well, I guess I have the look of a worn out mom-to-be. :)

As I was pulling the car out of the garage to head to my massage appointment, Matt urged me to not think about overwhelming thoughts during the massage, but rather think happy thoughts and try to relax. One might think that this goes without saying when heading to such a fun appointment, but I did really need the reminder. So for the hour plus I was there, these are the happy thoughts that were swirling around in my head:

*I have the best, most supportive husband in the world. He loves God, loves me, loves his family, is a wonderful husband, father, son, and friend, is honest and trustworthy, is kind, caring, and sensitive, is strong and reliable, is a hard worker and an awesome teacher, is really a funny guy that loves to make people laugh... and the list goes on. How I got so lucky, I have no idea. But I am so thankful and blessed to have him in my life.

*Mckenna is amazing. She is sweet yet tough, smart yet silly, loves her parents and bigger family, loves her dog, loves her friends, and even seems to love her baby sister in mommy's belly that she has yet to meet. She loves to read, and especially loves her children's Bible and all of the interesting stories in it, and her newest and cutest phrase is, "Love you, Jesus!" My heart literally feels like it will burst when I think about how much I love her, and I'm excited to see her in the new role of big sister. How will I love another child as much as I love her? It's hard to fathom, but I know my heart will grow tenfold to house all the new love coming my way.

*I already love this new baby girl so much, and I haven't even met her yet. I talk to her, write to her, watch her move in my belly, give her little love rubs, and think about her all the time. How can I not, especially when she is with me 24/7? :) This little girl is coming in to a family full of love, and I can't wait for her to be home with us soon and very soon! I know life is going to get that much more busy, but I feel ready as I can be, and welcome this new change with open arms.

*I love to teach, I enjoy my job, and feel blessed to work somewhere that I really believe in. My students are great, and even though I'm going to be home for several months with the new baby and it will be wonderful, I will miss them and miss watching them learn and grow. When I return to school after our Christmas break, I know I will be sad knowing that my time at home with my girls is over until our summer break, but I also know that I will be excited to get back to the routine of work that I love and seeing all the students and my co-worker friends again. Now how many people can really say that? I'm guessing not too many...

I thought about a few more things during my hour of extreme relaxation than the above, but to sum it all up? I feel loved, happy, excited, blessed, and lucky! To some this all may sound like cheesy optimism, but to me it is my honest and truthful reality.

So... we will keep you posted! And keep checking our blog to see any news and updates - we will definitely keep everyone informed. And we have a lot of fun pictures to share from our vacation in Mexico in July, so that's my next blog task. Hopefully I can conquer that in the next few days. Until then... happy Thursday and weekend ahead everyone!

2 comments:

Gina Johnson said...

julie! i was just thinking about you... wondering if you guys were going to have another little one anytime soon. found your blog again, and voila! there you are! congratulations! i'll be thinking of you this week-- oct. 13, 2006 was matilda's due date (although she didn't come til the 23rd)! we have another little one due the first week of january. lots of hugs to you and matt and mckenna! miss you!

Anonymous said...

Hi cousins! I was at a downtown hospital on Wednesday (my father-in-law has brain cancer, but that's another story!), waiting for the elevator in the garage, when this guy in a Chicago Bears t-shirt walked up with a little boy in a stroller. I asked him if he was from Chicago, he said yes,I said I was born there, he asked where. I told him Oak Lawn, and he said he was from Elgin. So I said my aunt and uncle live there, and I said, "Their last name is Johnson, and their boys are Matt and Cam." He looked at me and said, "Matt Johnson? Went to Elgin High? I went to school with him!" His name is Chris Hissam. He lives somewhere around here. I told him I had just checked your blog that day, and you all were expecting your second baby any day. It's a small world after all!
Looking forward to hearing the exciting news of Miss Johnson the Second. Praying all goes well and quickly. It's so much fun!
Love, Laura