I have another doctor appointment on Wednesday afternoon and I will have a BPP test done as well as my weekly check-up with my OB doctor. BPP stands for Biophysical Profile and measures the health of the baby in the womb by ultrasound. The BPP measures the baby's heart rate, muscle tone, movement, breathing, and the amount of amniotic fluid around the baby. If these five areas are within the normal range, the baby is considered to be in good health. From what I understand, a BPP is a common procedure used on woman who are past their due date to determine if and when they should be induced. With my healthy history for this pregnancy, my doctor thinks the BPP results will probably be good, but again, with the results and my appt after the test, we'll have more information on what the next step is. We'll keep you posted! Of course, if this little girl decides to come before Wednesday, none of the above assessment will be needed. I wouldn't mind that! Thanks for all of your prayers, phone calls, and emails checking on us - we appreciate them all. Please continue to pray for comfort and a smooth and healthy labor and delivery. We hope to have a family of three by the end of this week - we'll see!
Saturday morning and into the afternoon we went to Minnehaha's Homecoming festivities at the school. The main reason we went is because Matt really wanted to run in the annual Homecoming 5K, the Redhawk Run. As Matt ran, Kristi, Karna Anderson, Nemo and I walked several blocks along the course. Matt did a great job in the 5K! He finished with a time of 23:52 (under 8 minutes miles!) and got first place in his age group. He ran a little faster time than last year's 5K, and he was pleased with his finish. I said to Matt a few days before the race, "Are you sure you want to run this, you haven't really ran or trained at all..." And he said, "Well, I run every day with my students for a living." :) Very true, good point! We also got to see some of the volleyball and boys soccer game, as well as some of the football game. As always, the day was fun. As an alum it's fun, but even more so for Matt and I as teachers. We get the chance to see students outside of the everyday school setting, chat with some parents, and catch up with some old students who have graduated. Here are some pictures from our day.





No comments:
Post a Comment